Monday, October 10, 2016

What I Want Out of This Class

I originally signed up for this class just for the extra 3 credits, however now that class has started I find it really interesting how the internet has advanced and can't wait to see what else the class has to offer. My original degree was in computer science and instead of going into programming I chose networking and ever since then security and the lack of it on the internet and networks has always intrigued me. The idea behind Microsoft Cloud scares me no one should save so much information to the web and I can't believe that you can just right click on a web page and get their source code for the page.
The history of the computer is very interesting to me also just in the way that it has advanced over the decades and especially in the last few years. I personally think that we've only scratched the surface of the ability of computers and I'm really curious to see just how advanced we can make them. My family's first computer was a Tandy 1000 and I can remember playing just the simplest games on it and thinking how cool it was and now those games would be so boring in comparison. Advancements like driverless cars and virtual reality are on the horizon and when I got my degree in computer science in 1994 I'd have told you you were crazy that they were going to exist by now. I also hope to learn how to secure my own identity better especially with everything that's happened to me recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment